Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Review: QNAP TS-251A NAS is a great choice for a home media server and network backup storage

On paper, the QNAP TS-251A looks like a well-specced network attached storage device for home use (buy it here for $319), featuring a dual-core processor and ample 2 GB RAM. It even has a HDMI port and bundled IR remote, so you can plug it into a TV and use it directly.

There are a hundred different features you can use a NAS for but I’m focusing on what I use: backup and a TV shows / movies server. I am looking for units that are easy to use and maintain with enough performance to handle multiple video streams at once, as I use my NAS to provide content for every television in the house. Here’s my hands on with the QNAP NAS and how well it handles media and backup tasks …

more…


Filed under: Apple